Cover Reveal!!!

 
 
 

I am thrilled to be able to share the cover for my debut novel, PAINTED HANDS. I think it's so beautiful, and captures the feel of the story perfectly.
 
I'm more grateful than I can say to my editor, Toni Plummer, and the entire team at Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press for all of their hard work and for this gorgeous result. And I am, as always, grateful to my incredible agent, Kent Wolf, for how he always "gets" this book.
 
I'm also honored and thrilled to have blurbs from two amazing authors, Roopa Farooki and Anne Cherian:
 
“A debut with an original and refreshing premise–Jennifer Zobair’s novel is about high-flying Bostonian women who struggle with their demanding careers, relationships, friendships and families, and who also happen to be Muslim. A positive portrait of modern Muslim women, prominent in their professions and at large within their communities, written with affection and detail.”—Roopa Farooki, Orange Prize finalist and author of The Flying Man
“In Painted Hands, Jennifer Zobair lifts the veil on three American Muslim women, taking readers into a world that will challenge their assumptions. Her debut novel is an important addition to the canon of ethnic fiction, showcasing the difficulty of being both American and Muslim.”—Anne Cherian, author of The Invitation and A Good Indian Wife

I can't wait to hold the book!
______________________

UPDATE:  PAINTED HANDS is now available for preorder!

28 comments:

  1. Jennifer, so beautiful. I can't wait to see the cover in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Wendy! And for sharing on twitter.

    And thanks to everyone else visiting and commenting on twitter, too! I appreciate your excitement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a gorgeous cover. It's complicated and subtle at the same time--the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Davin! I really love what they did with it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Travis! I appreciate your stopping by!

      Delete
  5. You can't wait to hold the book? I CAN'T WAIT TO HOLD THE BOOK. The reviews just gave me tears, and the cover? I LOVE IT!!! The intimacy revealed in their pose is perfection, and I love what they are wearing! WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SUMMER? :-( So not fair...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Cat, thank you!

      You and Sarah, with your eye for detail and ways of seeing. She also mentioned the position of the women and how it revealed their closeness. It is so perfect for this story.

      Thank you for your excitement! I can't wait for you to read!

      Delete
  6. It really is stunning. And just what your beautiful book deserves. I want to eat those colors up! They are just dazzling.

    I am so, so happy for you.

    I think we should all post pics of us holding the book in our hands, when the time comes. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Sarah! I love the colors, too.

    And I would love to see pictures of all of you with my book!

    Thanks for your enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go gir... ummm.... old lady!

    That is a gorgeous cover!
    Probably for the first time, I'm so jealous of you. ;)

    Preparations are on, to promote the shit out of your book. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aniket!

      It's okay, because I am jealous of your constant access to dosa and your grandma's dal all the time.

      Get ready to promote! :)

      Delete
  9. That is, as others have noted, gorgeous, beautiful, and stunning. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pete! I like yours, too, and not just because I adore the designer!

      Delete
  10. When I first saw this cover, and read the quotes, I had something in my eye, so I had to wait a moment to brush it away. I couldn't quite see it clearly.

    Now I know. The cover is gorgeous, and the blurbs from Roopa and Anne must thrill you as they thrill me.

    I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Richard! I might have had something in my eye, too. I might still, if I think about it for very long.

      Thank you for your excitement!

      Delete
  11. I can only repeat what everyone is saying: That cover is beautiful. And what lovely blurbs.

    You must be so excited. I'm so happy for you, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cath! I am SO excited. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Your story sounds so compelling, and I LOVE its cover! I'm so glad you dropped by my blog today because now I've found yours, and your novel. Off to add it to my To-Read list now. Congrats, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katy! And thanks for popping over. I loved what your wrote about Christa's fabulous cover, and I'm glad I found your blog, too!

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous cover - and your book sounds amazing. Adding it to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Susan! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely contrasts! I can't fathom how excited you must be. Looking forward to an inspiring read. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon! It's great to see you again!

      Delete
  16. WOW WOWOWOWOWOWOW.

    Congratulations. That feeling of finally looking at your unveiled book cover is like meeting a new baby for the first time! Send it off into the world and hope that everyone will love it--anyway, long story short, we do. Congratulations. This book sounds FAAABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Kiersi! I is a great feeling! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete